Sunday, January 20, 2013

Hallelujah, hockey is back! Oh and there's football.

As I watched the puck drop between the Devils and Islanders last night to start the long-awaited NHL season I realized just how much I missed watching my team and watching hockey in general. In many ways, it was a bit of a cathartic day and my only regret was that I wasn't back in the office like I have been in years past to absorb as much of it as I possible could.

I needn't fear though. In the crazy, hectic 48-game shortened schedule there will be plenty of hockey to watch in the 99 days that will compose the NHL regular season, and I for one, really can't wait to be distracted by it on a nightly basis. In fact, despite being on about five hours of sleep right now, I just may stay up late watching the Blackhawks visit Phoenix tonight because, well, I missed it all that much.

I could expound upon this a little more, but I'm short for time and I pretty much laid out how I think this season will pan out in some extensive detail here. You can read up on it if you're so inclined.

In the meantime, though, I'm content to just sit back and watch the puck drop. Oh, and watch some football. I suppose I should get into that since there are some sort of kind of big games today. Here's how I'm expecting them to go, and it is only slightly biased by my own hopes toward the outcome.

AFC Championship Game
(4) Baltimore over (2) NEW ENGLAND

NFC Championship Game
(1) ATLANTA over (2) San Francisco

Enjoy the football, and welcome back to hockey season, everyone.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I think your blog might be having browser compatibility issues.
    When I look at your blog site in Ie, it looks fine but when
    opening in Internet Explorer, it has some overlapping. I just
    wanted to give you a quick heads up! Other then that, awesome blog!



    Here is my weblog :: レイバンサングラス

    ReplyDelete